Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mid-Week Meal

Bacon-Broccoli Alfredo

Hmm wasn't sure what to call this one as it's kind of a throw together meal. Lots of my meals are like that, cause well ain't nobody got time for otherwise round here and it helps keep me sane! Not sure I've mentioned before, but I am big on cooking extra meat on one day so that the leftovers can be quickly used in another dish. Super time saver, and gets dinner on the table faster!



Left over cooked Chicken breast/tenders or even pieces of chicken from a whole chicken would work for this!
Bacon-the more the merrier, I probably use about 6 slices
Broccoli -all my family happens to love Broccoli, so I probably use more then 2 cups, adjust to your liking
1 Jar Alfredo sauce
Whole Wheat Pasta- I usually use spaghetti, but any would work, are you noticing a trend here? ;-)
Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese


In case you don't have leftover chicken, pan saute' enough chicken for your family. I usually throw in some garlic. Or cut your leftover chicken into pieces.
 
Cook the bacon until crisp

Boil your pasta according to directions. Add the Broccoli pieces to the last 5 minutes of boiling. Drain and return to pot. Make sure your using a large enough one to mix in.

Crumble in your bacon and add your chicken pieces.

Add as much alfredo sauce for how saucey you like your pasta. I usually don't use a whole jar, but I'm only cooking for 3 and my husband isn't a big sauce person.

Mix together and melt in some parmesan cheese!

Just a side note, this is one of those meals I wait to mix together till my farmers at the table. Sometimes I never know when he'll be in from the barn and the sauce tends to make the bacon and broccoli a little soggy if it has to sit!

Enjoy! This Meal is Little Farmer Approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment